InterWeave Smart Solutions Portal > PaymentGateway
The InterWeave Smart Solutions Portal is where customers may register, select Smart integration Solutions between “Best of Breed” applications, and then configure them at the object and field level.CRM applications like Salesforce.com, SugarCRM, Oracle Fusion CRM, MS Dynamics CRM, Plan Plus Online and more. Integration Solutions for Billing Platforms, Financial applications, eCommerce, ACH/CC Payment Gateways, ERP, web services, Data Bases, etc. – all in a hub/spoke model. Let’s look at the InterWeave Smart Payment Gateway and its capabilities to integrate with today’s best know payment processing systems.
Smart Payment Gateway Details
Connecting a CRM application or Web site to the payment processing networks is exceptionally difficult and typically beyond the expertise and technical resources of most online customers. Instead, customers can easily integrate the Smart Payment Gateway (ISPG) with their application and connect with payment processors like Authorize.net, Revolution Payment Systems, First Data, Intuit Merchant Services, PayPal and many more. ISPG provides the data structure, workflow and complex processing logic, support and security necessary to ensure fast, reliable and secure transmission of transaction data. ISPG manages the routing of transactions just like a traditional credit card swipe machine you find in the physical retail world, however, ISPG uses the Internet instead of a phone line. Once installed, ISPG is available 24/7 for processing transactions.
Salesforce.com_Authorize.net Process and Payment Flow
On the left is an Opportunity that we have added the three sections with the custom fields for CC and ACH payment processing; CC & E-Check Payment Details (Scheduled), CC & E-Check Payment Details (Recurring) and Bank Account and CC Details.
In this example, your customer agreed to your quote and now your going to set up the billing process. Three distinct or combined options are available; Real-time Accept or Decline, Scheduled Payments or Recurring Payments.
- Step 1: Enter the Base Information. Your customers Bank Account and Credit Card Details in the third section.
- Step 2: To process a Credit Card Transaction. Enter the Credit Card & E-Check Payment Details for Real-Time Accept or Decline in the first section.
- To charge $100 on 06/11 on your Visa, enter the information and click on the custom button—Process CC or E-Check to consummate the transaction. If you have the InterWeave Enterprise Edition, this will automatically be processed.
- Step 3: To process a Scheduled Transaction. Set up Scheduled Payments in the first section.
- To charge $200 on 07/11 on your Visa. If you have theInterWeave Enterprise Edition, this will automatically be processed.
- Step 4: To process a Recurring Transaction. Set up Recurring Payments in the second section. Check the Recurring Monthly Payment, enter the Payment Start Date, put in number of months recurring and day of month to bill on, and the monthly payment amount. With the InterWeave Enterprise Edition, this will automatically be processed.
Scheduled payments allows you to set up a remaining balance payment for a customer to execute automatically
Automated Recurring Billing
Automated Recurring Billing (ARB) is a convenient and easy-to-use tool for submitting and managing recurring, or subscription-based transactions. You can take advantage of ARB’s flexible features to enhance customer service and build customer loyalty, while reducing authorization declines and overall administrative costs.
Customers recurring payment schedules are located in the credit card fields located in either the account or opportunity object. All transactions are recorded in the transaction object; includes the customer’s payment information, a billing amount, and payment schedule.
Click here to download a product brochure for InterWeave: PaymentGateway Data Sheet
ISPG offers many features and options that can be tailored to specific merchant business models. To learn more about how ISPG can support your particular business, please contact us at (203) 274-5226 or email us.